Hello and welcome to my first blog post as
Plays With Stamps and Ink!
I hope you enjoy this post and the others that follow in the future. My goal is to post at least once a week, but being new at this I am not sure. At any rate here is an A2 sized card I made and how I made it so you can make your own!
Materials used (don't forget you can shop for your materials in my on-line shop)
- Whisper White (100730) cardstock
- one piece 8 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches card base scored at 4 1/4 inches
- Two piece 5 inches x 3 3/4 inches
- two pieces 4 1/4 inches x 2 inches
- Emerald Envy (141415) cardstock cut at 5 1/4 inches by 4 inches
- All of the 2016-2018 In Color Classic Stampin' Ink pads (141818)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
- SNAIL Adhesive (104332)
- Birthday Wit Stamp Set from the All Occasions Catalog page 9 (145750 wood, or 145753 clear-mount)
- Balloon Celebration Stamp Set from the annual Catalog page 84 (140675 photopolymer)
Using all of the 2016-2018 In Colors ink pads and the small solid balloon from the Balloon Celebration Stamp Set, I randomly placed colored balloons on one of the the 5 inch x 3 1/4 inch piece of Whisper White. Remember to stamp some off the card stock and have a cover sheet under your card to protect your stamping surface!
I then filled in any open areas with the star burst like stamp from the Birthday Wit Stamp Set using each of the 2016-2018 In Colors.
I attached this balloon covered piece to the Emerald Envy piece and then to the card base using SNAIL Adhesive.
I then stamped each piece of the 4 1/4 inches x 2 inches piece of Whisper White with one of the stamps from the Birthday Wit stamp. On one I used Emerald Envy and for the other one I used Peekaboo Peach.
I cut out the Peekaboo Peach section and used a Peekaboo Peach marker to clean up any white areas left from cutting it out. You do not want to cut it out smaller than the Emerald Envy stamped area, so leave some white edges if you have too. These can be marked over or you can sponge the edges using your Peekaboo Peach ink pad.
I attached the Peekaboo Peach piece to the Emerald Envy section using Stampin' Dimensionals. I then used SNAIL Adhesive to attach this completed piece to the card.
Inside I used the second piece of the 5 inch x 3 1/4 inch piece of Whisper White and the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Birthday Wit Stamp set using Emerald Envy and I sponged the edges with Peekaboo Peach. I attached this to the inside of the card using SNAIL Adhesive.
That about does it for now! I hope you enjoyed this card.